Youth Fly Fishing & Conservation Camp
The Teen Trout & Conservation Camp is conducted in Pittsburg, NH by the New Hampshire State Council and it's supporting chapters through out the state.
Volunteers form Trout Unlimited host the camp for young adults that are 14-16 years of age. The objectives are to teach the young men and women all about fly fishing and the need for cold water conservation. The lessons include casting techniques, reading the water, and fly tying. One of the most important aspects of the camp is to teach the campers the importance of preserving, protecting and reconnecting our cold water rsources in the state of New Hampshire. During their stay at the camp the campers work with Trout Unlimited employees to enhance cold water resources in the Pittsburg area.
"Camp showed me that there is more to fly fishing than I tought. To catch a fish on a fly that I tied was awesome!" - Former camper
- Instruction consists of stram ecology, conservation, restoration, casting instruction andfly tying.
- NH Fish & Game staff provide hands on in-stream habitat assessment
- On stream fly fishing in the "Throphy Waters" of the Connecticut River
- All fly-fishing equipment is provided, including fly tying kits
- There is a 1:1 student to councilor ratio
- Lodging, three meals and snacks are included
Dates for the 2014 Camp are June 25th to June 29th
Applications must be recieved by April 4th, 2014
For further information or applications for the Teen Fly Fishing Camp contact the local TU chapter or
Yvonne Nanasi, Camp Director
email@example.com or (603) 472-3247